(Note: this page is wildly out of date.)
Uptown Almanac is basically a crappy blog about San Francisco culture and general bullshit. Yeah, Uptown is a term often associated with New York City, which is some city like San Francisco on the east coast. But really, it means any residential part of town away from the main center. We all live "Uptown," be it in the Mission, SOMA, Potrero, Lower Haight, or even the Sunset (but fuck the Sunset).
The blog is made up of a few pendejos (who mostly live in the Mission but whatever):
- Bailey Genine: Lived in a broke-ass Tahoe house for three years. Watched a toilet bowl freeze in her house and has puked off of ski-lifts. 'nuff said. Tumblr + Twitter.
- Brizz: The mind behind The Tens. He also spends too much time in L.A.
- Dylan Macturk: Has been stabbed six times, most of them deserved. Writes a dumb blog called liesaboutpeople.com. Twitter.
- Jim Chaney: Author of a generally decent tumbleblog and twitter account. Hails from the alright state of Ohio.
- Kate Horton: Enjoys Urkel-Os cereal. If that isn't enough qualification, I don't know what is. Twitter + Tumblr.
- Kristen Haney: From the land of the Otter Sunset and East Bay. Hater of most things not zombies, cold pizza, or Jameson. Twitter.
- Kevin Montgomery: Some guy that used to write most of the entries for Mission Mission in late 2009. He thinks he's funny, but he's not. Twitter + Tumblr.
- Laura Beck: This girl writes for so many publications that there is no way in hell you'd have the attention span to read about them all. Most notably, she's the lead for Vegansaurus!, which is basically a Grocery Eats for white people. Twitter.
- Patric Fallon: He writes about music, but not here. HERE HE WRITES ABOUT OTHER THINGS. Twitter. Music Blog.
- Serg: He's been writing Beer and Rap before most of us lived in the Mission District. He also writes Grocery Eats, which is basically a vegansaurus! for meat-eaters/people who hate white-people's cooking. Twitter.
- Zach Perkins: Pays rent in SF but hates you/himself so much that he reverse commutes with the bridge & tunnel folk five days a week. Twitter, Tumblr and the future
You're still reading this?